The Region of Durham is home to a wide variety of retirement homes, residences and communities to serve the needs of aging seniors.
Seniors seeking retirement accommodations in Durham have many choices. Before choosing a residence for yourself or a loved one, consider the following:
1) Location – Are you close to family, friends and desirable leisure destinations?
2) Care – Does the retirement home provide the support services that you require? Are these services included or are there additional costs for the care you require?
3) Services – What does the retirement home offer in terms of laundry, dining, housekeeping and other services? Are these services included or do they come at an additional cost?
4) Amenities – Does the retirement home offer amenities such as a fitness room, spa/salon, private dining room, games room, theatre, library, patios, lounges, etc.?
5) Programs – Does the retirement home offer recreation and leisure activities that you enjoy? When touring a home, ask for a schedule of their activities for the month.
The price of retirement home accommodations in Durham Region varies considerably. Figure 1 illustrates the average price of retirement home accommodations in 2011.
To find available retirement home accommodations in Durham, click on the links below: